Friday, June 8, 2012

Day 6




One of the ways I know this cleanse is working is that I'm willing to do things I normally hate or that are out of my comfort zone. Today one of my daily exercises was to go swimming. So I did. I swam by myself for 20 mins. At first I wasn't very excited but it was quite relaxing and nice. I also saw a movie with Wes, met up with Karrie at Starbucks, and worked. All in all a very nice day.

I still have hard moments. My mind has trouble shutting off especially at night. And I miss my friend so much. I miss having someone that I can rely on, always text, hang out with, laugh with and just be with. But I'm learning to do those things with myself. Except maybe text. I don't text myself. Haha! And I'm finding I'm kind of a cool person. Anyways its only day 6 and I have a ways to go but I'm so thankful vie stuck with it this far and for the difference I can already feel.

The nicest thing to happen to me today was hanging out with my friend Karrie. She's a great friend and I've missed her! :)

"They take pictures of the mountain climbers at the top of the mountain. They are smiling, ecstatic, triumphant. They don’t take pictures along the way cause who wants to remember the rest of it? We push ourselves because we have to not because we like it. The relentless climb, the pain and anguish of taking it to the next level – nobody takes pictures of that, nobody wants to remember, we just want to remember the view from the top, the breathtaking moment at the edge of the world. That’s what keeps us climbing and it’s worth the pain, that’s the crazy part. It’s worth anything."



No comments: