Friday, June 29, 2012

Day 27

“Sometimes it happens in an instance. We step up, we see a path forward. We see a path and we take it. Even when we have no idea where we’re going.”

The last couple days have been hard emotionally. While I'm proud of myself for coming this far with the cleanse and the progress I've made, some things are still really hard. I get to the point where I'm confused and don't know what to do. So it was great that I had therapy today. I have an amazing therapist. He is truly the greatest. He is so helpful and he gets me to see and understand things I've never gotten before. Today was no different. I was able to realize some things that helped me feel better. I also realized that I still have some work to do. But I'm willing to do it and I'm in a good place to take on all the crap.

One of the things I realized is the type of person I want to be and the type of people I want in my life. I think I'm a pretty non judgmental person and I don't intend to change that but I am going to be more selective about who I let in my life and who I let become important to me. I need honesty, communication, loyalty, trust, and understanding in my life and in my relationships. I also expect that from myself. I love the changes I've made in my life this last month but I still have a long ways to go. But I know I can do it. I'm stronger then I ever knew and tougher then I look! :)

No comments: